The main objectives of the board are:
• Determining the overall vision and future direction of the church.
• Creating policies to define clearly church values and biblical operating
• Ensuring the church’s teachings and practices reflect accurate biblical theology
and the Xcel vision.
• Providing avenues for pastoral care, conflict resolution, discipline, and
• Appointment of team members and assessing how ministries are developing.
• Providing direction on financial or risk-management issues.
• Providing accountability to the Ministry team and to ensure the vision and
values determined by the board are being carried out.
• Xcel was birthed in team and each member of the board has equal voice to the
system of consensual agreement on the board.